When we talk about controlling ourselves, we actually mean that we should control our thoughts. Because your thoughts who come first and then we the groundwork for whatever we do or say. Thoughts govern our actions in big time. It’s really simple as if you put positive thoughts that will lead you to success and if you encourage procrastination and negative thoughts then failure or nothingness can your future.
As we all know that life is not simple or not, difficult every time, changes occur, and our mind works according to these changes. We face both negative and positive situations in our lives and our mind works consequently, so we gather both positive and negative thoughts. The challenge is to train your mind to filter out unproductive thoughts and motivate yourself towards constructive thinking.
“The mind is a powerful force. It can enslave us or empower us. It can plunge us into the depths of misery or take us to the heights of ecstasy. Learn to use the power wisely.”
How to control your mind?
The mind is the most powerful tool that humans possess, it can be used to help you attain success or it can take you to the depths of failure. You must learn to use your mind to its optimal level if you want to live life on a new level.
Before becoming a master of your mind, you have to control your thoughts. Here, we share some ways through which you can control your thoughts.
Learn to pause
There are some particular thoughts which makes us too excited or too tensed for something. We can not welcome all thoughts with open arms if they are unwanted or less productive will takes us into the situation where over thinking starts. Yes! Before encourage any thought to grow further just pause. When we pause we allow our mind to look up the situation and get the true picture.
Take a deep breath to control your thoughts
One of the best ways to control your thoughts is deep breathing. The moment you realize your thoughts are getting beyond control, immediately warns your mind. Tell yourself to STOP and cool down. Then, take 7-11 deep breaths and don’t think about just anything when you are taking the breaths. Experts suggest deep breathing for a minimum of 90 seconds.
Encourage positive feelings
When you make yourself feel in a particular way, you get the same effect with your thoughts.
“Train your mind to see the good in every situation.”
Positive surroundings also encourage Positive thinking. When you are with positive people they give you strength and you start developing positive thinking which is necessary to keep control over your mind.
“Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.”
How to reduce stress?
The mind and body are deeply connected; the mind can make the body stressed, and physiological stress in the body can lead the mind to feel stressed.
Get some exercise, which will help you to breathe deeply and relax your tense muscles. Talk to friends and family, since social support can act as a buffer against stress.
How to become the master of your own mind?
As I mentioned above, your mind is completely in control of your thoughts getting control over thoughts is the key step toward the mastering of your mind. I think we all agree that one of the most challenging things to master is our mind.
A number of years ago the NSF estimated that our brains produce as much as thoughts
Do you ever think that how much of it is positive and supportive?
A mind is a tool which can be used for transformation, destruction or positivity, it depends, how we are using it.
We need to learn how to observe our thoughts, but not get attached to them, because when you consciously control your thoughts, you consciously create the future that you desire.
“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.”
There are two ways to become a master of your own mind:
1. Thinking differently
2. Forming a good habits
1. Thinking differently:
- We should avoid It refers to negative thinking. Sometimes we thought negatively even we don’t want to. Avoid it by doing something like walking, make time for meditation.
- Believe in change. If you don’t believe that you can change you’re not going to try nearly as hard as if you believe success is possible.
- Be optimistic about your abilities. Studies show that being overly optimistic about your ability to control your behaviour can help give you even more self-control.
- Stop overgeneralizing. Overgeneralizing means taking a single occurrence of a negative experience and projecting it onto other experiences or to your predictions about how the future will be.
- Stop jumping to the conclusion. This is the kind of thought we just assume the conclusion without any evidence. We should overcome this type of habit.
2. Forming a good habit:
- Create plan fa or life. If we have a clear plan for future than try to maintain that plan with your own creative thinking about the other unclear paths who sometimes give nothing
- Sometimes we think happiness is not anywhere. Stop it. Just give a big smile, even if you don’t want to. Do you know? The facial feedback hypothesis suggests that smiling can actually cause you to feel happiness.
- Be your own critic. Everything or every person have a good or bad habit if you become a good critic of yourself, you will find yourself on a path of success to master your mind. Criticize your own personality if needed before anyone does this so.
- Find peace in your heart because the heart is connected to the mind. Inner peace makes you comfortable. It gives positive energy to your mind. It gives you strength to overcome negative thoughts.
- Reward and punishment system is the system where you become the judge of your own personality reward yourself over the self control you do. Because it is a difficult task to do. And give punishment to your self for the things you do when you are in your negative thought process.
“You can’t do anything that you can’t picture yourself doing. Once you make the picturing process conscious and deliberate, you begin to create the self you want to be.”